Military History/US/German Pins

Military Pins
Military Pins  
Hello John, Starting to go through my Dads collection of Military items. So far I haven't been able to find out about either one. I find no marking on the back of the gold toned one. The silver one does have two marks. A hallmark and possible the word sterling. Hoping you have some great ideas for me. Thanks so much for your time and expertise.

The badge on the left appears to be from the International Volkssport Federation, a walking program.  Read more here at

The German flag is at the top, Switzerland to the left and Austria to the right.  The bottom one I believe is Liechtenstein.

I'm not sure about the right-hand badge, but it's most likely made of actual silver.

Military History

Retired US Navy, stationed 10 years in Hawaii. Study of the early years of the Pacific War 1941-42, including the attack on Pearl Harbor. Easy access to actual sites in and around Pearl Harbor. More limited knowledge of general WWII history in the Pacific.

I'm well-read in general WWII history, and spent a lot of off time exploring various military sites on O'ahu.

I hold a B.A degree from Chaminade University of Honolulu in Historical and Political Studies, Summa cum Laude, earned in 2002.