Military History/Info on Father

Question
Mr. Signor,
I believe my father served in the 3010 AAF Base unit. I found an old Army First Aid manual with the unit name written in pencil. I am trying to find out information on the unit. My father (Robert Mayfield)was an African-American who served during WWII. His official records were destroyed in a fire years ago. He died when I was very young. So, I never got to talk to him about his service. I don't have any pictures of him.I know that Williams AAFB was turned over to the civilians years ago. I was wondering if you knew if there is a museum at the Williams Gateway Airport Authority (new name of Williams AAFB)?

Thanks for your support
Calvin Mayfield

Answer
Hello Calvin, I wish I could tell you something about his background, also I am not sure if there's a museum there where the AFB used to be located , I would think so , but I'd be guessing, I would suggest you try googling the airport name and the old AFB name and see if there's any info that way .

I have heard a lot of veterans lost there records in the fires in the past and that is a shame as they should have had backup files somewhere .

Sorry I can't be of more help , but you may also want to try these sites for posting your searches on, they are free to sign up on and to post ..............
US Militaria Forum
Army Air Forces.com

I wish you all the best and Happy New Year to you !!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

Military History

Johnny Signor