Military History/US Military uniform question

Fred Minor
Fred Minor  

Fred Minor
Fred Minor  
My family came across some old family pictures when my great grandmother passed away. we have been identifying people and places and such and discovered I have a relative with some old military pictures. I wanted to see if, based off the pictures, maybe you can help me find about my relative's military experiences. Attached are the picture I have of him.

Hello, judging on the first picture, he was in the mounted cavalry, cannot make out clearly enough what unit, you would be able to tell by looking with a magnifying glass, at his hat and the cavalry insignia. The second picture tells me the approximate date. There is a Model 1892 Krag on the lower left corner but what is more telling is the date on the Krag bayonet the gentleman in the foreground is holding, and that is an 1892 Krag bayonet with a bright finish blade, which they started doing in 1895, previously the bayonets were blued. The Krag was replaced after is abysmal performance in the Span-Am War by the 1903 Springfield Rifle. The lower picture looks like an encampment or a field exercise. I'm not able to find any military records on Mr Minor at this time, but I hope this helps with what he was assigned to and the approximate date.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan

I can Identify unit insignia, patches, pins, medals, weapons and accessories from US and other countries and eras to Revolutionary War to current.

I have been a military dealer and appraiser for 15 years in Massachusetts.

Self studied novice in all areas of history, firearms, foreign language. Professional Fire Fighter

none but I pat myself on the back quite frequently.

All clients are confidential although I work with many antique dealers across the country, have an established eBay business for 15 years, participate in militaria shows from Louisville to Maine.