Military History/Sons in Service

Question
sons in service
sons in service  
Michael, Have a Sons in Service pin that I've never had before. There is a small blue star in a large gold star field. I was wondering if this means that someone lost or had two sons die in the service. Not the best picture, but I think you'll be able to tell. Thanks so much.

Answer
Typically KIA "gold stars" would be gold with blue border. I'm not sure if that is some sort of variation but during WWII anything is possible especially if it was foreign made, but the standard is blue star for service member, gold or gold with blue border for Killed in action, that piece you have is for two sons in the Army Air Corps.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan