Military History/SS Argentina

Question
Mr. Horrell:

I came across a question someone had written you about the SS Argentina.  I have some information that you may find useful.  My Dad also sailed home on the Argentina in November 1945.  I have a "certificate" that he sailed out of LeHarve France on November 8,1945 and a newspaper clipping (with his and other names listed) that it arrived in NY on November 16th. I also have a "newsletter" that was published onboard which lists the units and their time of debarkation once docked. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like me to forward this to you.  I also have a lot of documents (Dad kept EXCELLENT records) that my Dad (1st Lieutenant 215th Signal Corps) kept, including 25 pages of typed names, rank etc of his unit when they were coming home.  I'll gladly share this with you if interested. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks  Bill Sullivan

Answer
Dear Mr. Sullivan,
       Thank you for your question/offer.  Before I go further, was your father assigned to the 215th Signal Corps Company or the 215th Signal Radar Maintenance Unit?
       Yes, I would certainly enjoy a photocopy of the "certificate" as well as a photocopy of the newspaper clipping.  A photocopy of the "newsletter" would be great!  Also, would you be so kind as to include a photocopy of page two of your father's Discharge Document?
       Thank you so much for your offer.  You are most kind.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell