Military History/SS Westminster Victory

QUESTION: My father served in the 9222nd TSU Ships Complement Det and made four trips to ETO Theatre of Operation from 10 January 1946 to 16 April 1946.  He served on Westminster Victory.  I am interested in finding information on Westminster Victory.  Can you help me please?

ANSWER: Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  Attached are all the FACTS as per voyages of the SS Westminster Victory.  Certainly there are more, but I have so far been unable to obtain additional FACTS.  
       May I suggest you contact:

Westminster College
   319 South Market Street
    New Wilmington   PA   16172

to learn if they have a Cruise Book for the SS Westminster Victory.  Each ship had a year book format Cruise Book, to be published annually or for the entire time the ship existed.  
       I wish to be sure, the unit in question is the 9222nd Technical Service Unit, Transportation Corps?  If not, please correct me.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Ship LaHarve France
Ship LaHarve France  

Burial at Sea
Burial at Sea  
QUESTION: Mr. Horrell, according to my father's Enlisted Record and Report of Separation he made four trips outside the continental United States to the ETO Theatre of Operation from 10 January 1946 to 16 April 1946.  He was assigned as permanent staff of the SS Westminster Victory as a clerk-general.

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your follow-up.  Would you be so kind as to provide me with ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two of your "father's Enlisted Record and Report of Separation"?  Those dates, as well as all the FACTS on page two of your "father's Enlisted Record and Report of Separation" are invaluable toward ACCURATE historic research.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.