Military History/WWII medal

I have a medal I am trying to identify. It appears to bronze in color, looks like wide cross. On the top is says CREANTUR on the bottom it has the date 1861-1865 on the left side it says FORTES on the right it says FORTIBUS it has a smaller cross in the center with the the date 1941 and 1945 across.In the center there is a smaller cross with what looks like the stars on a confederate flag in the center of the cross. It is attached to a ribon the  colors are from left to right are Red, White, Navy Blue, Baby Blue, Black, Yellow, Navy Blue, White, and last is Red.

You have a World War II Cross of Military Service medal.  It was given to soldiers who served at least 90 days of active duty and is related to a soldier from the US Civil War who fought for the South.
I have included some links that will go into more detail as to the history of this medal.
Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.