Military History/Appomattox, Massachusetts

My uncle enlisted on Feb 6, 1941 in Worcester, Mass. On his WWII enlistment record it shows his serial number and a location of Appomattox, Mass. I can't find any info as to where Appomattox, Mass was. Can you tell me anything about where or what this location is?

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My uncle enlisted on.......or what this location is?"  No.  I suggest you consult the Geography experts at AllExperts, or contact the Massachusetts State Historical Society.  Small municipalities such as "Appomattox, Mass" come & go with urban sprawl.
       Good Luck with your quest.
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.