Military History/106th ca AAA

rick dixon wrote at 2014-11-23 00:11:23
Hi

Thanks for your reply

Yes in'41 and '42 but in 44 they were called the 106th AAA AW (sp)

To answer your question they shipped out March 5 '42 briefly stopped at Halifax then stopped at England and took smaller boats to the free State of N. Ireland and was stationed at Ballykinler Army Barracks East of Belfast. They received leave their until p0

They then rcd the '42 helmet and their first 40mm Bofors guns and provided Ireland with coastal defense.

I hope he would enjoy talking to me as much as I would talking to me!

BTW my EMail is working now rickdixon@windstream.net  tele 918-251-3847

Thank you

Rick Dixon  

Richard V. Horrell wrote at 2014-11-24 13:22:59
Mr. Dixon,

I acknowledge your follow-up.  In it you typed "Yes in'41 and '42 but in 44 they were called the 106th AAA AW (sp)"  Why was that typed for me to read?

In your follow-up you typed "To answer your question.......leave their until p0"  Again, why was that typed for me to read?  I asked no question about any of what you typed.

In your follow-up you typed "free State of N. Ireland".  Northern Ireland was not a Free State, but a part of the United Kingdom.  Ireland is a Free State, a sovereign nation in and of itself.

In your follow-up you typed "provided Ireland with coastal defense."  WHY???  Ireland was a neutral nation during WW 2.  N-O-R-T-H-E-R-N Ireland was at war with the Axis, so needed its coast line defended!

Richard V. Horrell

WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell