Military History/Great Wall of China Information.

Dear Paul

The Distance between point a - starting point to b - ending point i.e. length is 2,232 km. Can people travel using Horses and Jeeps in the wall from point a to point b?. The wall road also looks wide enough.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Horses were used in the past on the road on top, but only for short distances.  The wall was divided into sections with observation towers and troop barracks.  The observation towers and barracks had small entrances that limited what could go in or out.  You could lift a jeep on top and drive onto on parts of the wall but only between observation towers not a huge distance.  Motorcycles and bicycles have been driven on the wall and in some of the internal sections.  The inner wall is mostly stone and dirt so little room for walk ways.  In times past I believe that horses could pass thru some internal sections but not a jeep.

I hope this helps and enjoy the links

Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.