Military History/Meaning of C-H on WWII posters

Question
WWII Recycling Poster example
WWII Recycling Poster  
QUESTION: This is a question that has attracted intense interest among a group of Wikipedia editors. We have been talking about it for a week and have gotten nowhere. While not "military history" in a strict sense, it is WWII-related.

There are a number of posters, apparently created by the War Production Board, which include the following text:

COME ON, C-H ... DO MORE! THIS ISN'T PEACE-IT'S WAR!!

The question we have been unable to answer is what does C-H refer to? We have no shortage of good guesses, but nothing authoritative or verifiable.

Some of the posters seem directed at factory workers, others at the general public.

I will attempt to attach an image of one such poster. I can provide more if needed, but the text is always identical in the posters we have found. If you can provide our answer, please specify whether it would be ok to credit you by name in our discussion. If not, perhaps you could point me toward someone who might. Thank you.

ANSWER: I looked into WWII posters for my book Flag: An American Biography, but I was focused on those that used the image of the flag. This is the first I've heard of C-H. I did a bit of searching, but I'm stumped, too!

Has anyone contacted anyone at the Smithsonian Museum of American History? They have the most extensive collection of WWII government posters. Someone there might know.

QUESTION: Thanks for the effort. I'll look into contacting the Smithsonian Museum, and I hope it won't require writing a letter (remember letters?).

In the meantime, would there be anything to gain by re-submitting the question to others in the Military History category at AllExperts? Say, one at a time, so no one is wasting effort? I don't know how AllExperts is set up, whether the others could see my question to you and chime in if they had something to add.

Answer
I would look carefully at the profiles of the others in the category and see if any mention their expertise in propaganda or posters--or, more broadly, WWII.

Also, you may want to try other categories, perhaps antiques appraisers who specialize in WWII materials.

If you do find the answer, I'd love to know, too. My email is marc527psc at aol.com

Military History

Marc Leepson