Military History/Ship Transport USA to Oran, Algeria

Question
Hello,
Can you find information regarding William A Royle who was in the Texas 36 division 142 Infantry?  I have photographs of him from July 4, 1943 with his family in Philadelphia - in uniform so I believe he was in the convoy from New York to Oran, Algeria about August 21, 1943.  
By any chance, does he appear in your database?  
Thank you very much
Ray Stahl
Willow Grove, Pa.

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "Can you find information regarding William A Royle".  Sure.  Photocopy the four page Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) that Mr. Royce received 6-10 copies of when he was discharged from the US Army, then send the photocopies to me via First Class U.S.P.S.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of response.
       In your question you typed "I have photographs of him from July 4, 1943 with his family in Philadelphia - in uniform".  LUCKY YOU!  Sooooooooooooooooo many families have no photographs of their loved one during WW 2.  These images MUST be cherished by your entire family.  Would you be so kind as to share with me a description of the shoulder patch on the Veteran's left sleeve, nearest the shoulder?  
       In your question you typed "I believe he was in the convoy from New York to Oran, Algeria about August 21, 1943."  May I have your printed source for what you typed?  What are the first set of dates, horizontally, in Box #36 on page two of the Veteran's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)?  19 Troop Ships departed the New York & Hampton Roads Ports of Embarkation on August 21, 1943.  Via the Straits of Gibraltar, the troop ships arrived at either Oran, Mers el Kebir or Bizerte on September 2-4, 1943.
       In your question you typed "By any chance, does he appear in your database?"  No.  Individuals do not "appear" only units.  That is why I requested you to describe the shoulder patch on the Veteran's left sleeve, nearest the shoulder.  That way the unit the Veteran was assigned to can hopefully be determined, since the 142nd Infantry Regiment, Texas National Guard sailed overseas in April 1943!
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell