Military History/Bennie M. Prisant

Question
Discharge Summary for Bennie M. Prisant
Discharge Summary for  
After searching for about 6 years, being told that all his records had been destroyed, and traveling to Metz, I have finally found my grandfathers's Battalion and his official discharge summary.  According to the discharge papers he served in WWII in Battery B of the 358th Field Artillery Battalion as a Mess SGT.  Most importantly, I would like to track his path from bootcamp to France, Rhineland, and Europe with the 358th in the war all the way to home.  He enlisted at Ft. McPherson, in GA and it states that he did not attend any service schools.

I would also like to determine if it is possible that they left a campaign off his discharge in error was he in Ardennes-Alsace or is that considered part of the three listed?   

Lastly, unknown to our family is has listed he was married at the time! How exciting.  I am trying to calculate the ASR score to determine if he had a child as rumored by an uncle of mine (ASR Score 12 SEPT 45 = 52).  

Can you help?

Answer
My only thought would be to try find the 358th morning reports and other unit records, such as after action reports. Have you tried the National Archives? If not, the place to start is this page on their website: http://www.archives.gov/research/military

You also might want to see if you can get some guidance at the Army Center of Military History. Here's the contact page on their web site: http://www.history.army.mil/inquire.html

Military History

Marc Leepson