Military History/A few Questions about my Grandfather's Honorary Discharge Paperwork

Question
Dear Mr. Leepson,
I have recently been trying to search down the history of my Grandfather's invovlement in WWII. I know he was in the 82nd Airborne. On his HD paperwork I could use some insight from your knowledge base. I ultimately would like to know what unit he was with in the 82nd.

Box 31: Cal 30 M-1 Rifle EX 181 Jul. 44 * (bleow in the comments box the asterisk there is an attached note: Cal 30 M-1 Carnine Mx 162 Jul 43 CIB 27 Feb 43)

Box 32: Ardennez, Central Europe, Rhineland
GO 33 WD 45 as amended ( any way to use this information to find out specifically what unit he was in within the 82nd and which battles he was actually apart of? In Box 33: he received a purple heart as it reads Purple Heart GO 13 Hq 325th Glider INF. 14 May 45 and then in the next box wounds received ETO 3 Jan 45.

My Grandfatehr was tight lipped about his service but I have family accounts and a picture of him in the AA 82nd Airborne History book standing on the steps of Ludwigslust with the 82nd Divsion during the German surrender. I also know that he fought in the Battle of the Bulge, I believe where he received the Purple Heart (family lore) and also was involved at Wobelein.

Any Help you could provide would be so very much appreciated!

Thanks for your time.
Chris

Ive tried to access his military records but alas the facility was burned as Im sure you are aware.

Answer
It looks like he was in the 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, which was part of the 82nd Airborne. Did you see this website: http://www.ww2-airborne.us/units/325/325_trp.html

And have you checked with the official 82nd Airborne Association. The site is http://www.82ndairborneassociation.org/

You might also want to check with the folks at the Army Center of Military History as they may have access to unit rosters or they could tell you where they might be (in the National Archives in College Park, Md., I suspect): http://www.history.army.mil/inquire.html

Good luck

Military History

Marc Leepson