Military History/Remington Rand M1911 A1

Remington Rand M1911A1
Remington Rand M1911A1  

Remington Rand M1911A1
Remington Rand M1911A1  
Hello Michael,
My name is Kody Foote. I have recently come into possession of a Remington Rand M1911 A1. The serial numbers indicate that the gun was manufactured somewhere between 1944-1945. It is in prestine condition. I was wondering what something like This is worth. Talking to a few folks, they said it was worth anywhere from $1000-4000. It has all the original markings. U.S. property stamped on the frame beneath the slide, 'FJA' stamped above the trigger. Still has the factory finish it seems. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,
Kody Foote

Hi Kody, that is a fantastic example. If you are looking to sell that particular piece I can assure you that there will be no shortage of buyers. Some problems do arise with "bring-home" weapons from WWII and Korea especially if the firearms wasn't registered in the "amnesty" period or was listed as lost or stolen post war. Assuming that the pistol is in the clear and to assess the full value, I would send it to one of the numerous firearm auction houses, Rock Island or James Julia where it would not be out of the ordinary for this to fetch $3500.00 to $5000.00 but a pristine example could in fact bring more.  

Military History

Michael O'Reagan

I can Identify unit insignia, patches, pins, medals, weapons and accessories from US and other countries and eras to Revolutionary War to current.

I have been a military dealer and appraiser for 15 years in Massachusetts.

Self studied novice in all areas of history, firearms, foreign language. Professional Fire Fighter

none but I pat myself on the back quite frequently.

All clients are confidential although I work with many antique dealers across the country, have an established eBay business for 15 years, participate in militaria shows from Louisville to Maine.