Military History/Unidentified WWII Equipment found on Guam

Picture 1
Picture 1  

Picture 2
Picture 2  
Greetings Mr. Sutton,

I am an active duty service member currently stationed on the island of Guam. During a recent hike some buddies and I came across a piece of equipment buried in the jungle that appears to be from the WWII era.

We believe that this equipment was towed, as a trailer hitch, axle, and wheel location are all easily identified. However, we can't seem to find any information on what this equipment was used for. We have a identified a 5 digit serial number but no other information was available on this equipment. Our searches with local military historians have also returned little success.  

Very curious if we are looking at a piece of field artillery, construction equipment, or something non-military related... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First I want to thank you for your service.  The object is some sort of trailer, but not Japanese.  The most common trailer for the US Army and US Marines in World War 2 was the M100 trailer for a jeep.  The object in the image is not that; I am not 100% certain but it may be a WTCT-6A Trailer also called a "duckling".  This was a floating trailer that could be towed by the DUKW amphibious truck.  
I hope this helps and check out the links
Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.