Military History/My grandfather in WW 2 MP 677

My grandfather was MP 677 also in WWII and I am looking everyone I can think to find out about more what he did in the service new guinea and So Philippines. I have a copy of Honorable Discharge paper. Don't know is rank or where to find it on paper.
he does not talk about War as I see this same comment from many others. I want to do all I can to retain and pass on all I can regarding what he did for our country.
I admire you for volunteering your services and thank-you !

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  You indicated that your "grandfather was MP 677".  You are correct, the M.O.S. (Military Occupational Specialty) Number for a MP during WW 2 was 677.
       In your question you indicated that your grandfather "service new guinea and So Philippines."  The following are the dates for the two Campaigns you indicated that your grandfather participated in.

New Guinea          January 24, 1943-December 31, 1944
Southern Philippines   February 27-July 4, 1945

In your question you indicated that you "have a copy of Honorable Discharge paper."  GREAT!!!  Since your grandfather signed the document (Box #56) for accuracy, the four pages of the Discharge Documents are invaluable toward ACCURATE historic research.
       In your question you indicated "Don't know his rank or where to find it on paper."  Please note Box #3, "GRADE".
       Would you be so kind as to provide me with ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.