Military History/passenger docket info?

Question
Dear Mr. Horrell -- My dad served in WWII in the Army Signal Corps in North Africa and Italy/Anzio Beachhead.  He never wanted to talk about the experience but when I saw the photo of the June 7 landing of the General WP RIchardson, I got a big lump in my throat and really wanted to know more.  Might you be able to tell me if he was on one of the transports home?  His name was Edward Martin Bauer, Jr.  dob 5/26/1910.

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good Manners NEVER go out of style.
       In your question you typed "when I saw the photo of the June 7 landing of the General WP Richardson".  Are you referring to the following voyage?

Departure Date:   May 23, 1945
Departure Location:   Naples, Italy
Troop Ship:   USS General W.P. Richardson  AP-118
Arrival Date:   June 7, 1945
Arrival Location:   New York Port of Embarkation
    via the Straits of Gibraltar

I was not aware that a photograph of the arrival at the New York P. of E. existed.  PLEASE, enlighten me!
       In your question you typed "Might you be able to tell me if he was on one of the transports home?"  Of course.  Please provide me with ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents.  From those dates I may be able to provide you with the FACTS as per the Troop Ship your father went overseas upon, as well as returned to the USA.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell