Military History/Tracking father-in-law's WW2 battles

Hi Paul,

My father-in-law (Stanley Hauck)was assigned to Company K 328 Infantry during WW2.  According to his discharge papers, he arrived in the European Theater Operations (ETO) on September 7, 1944.  It states that he participated in battles and campaigns in Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes, and Central Europe.   His discharge papers also state that he won several medals and ribbons, one being the Bronze Star (GO#63 Hq 26 Inf 45).  I have spent many hours on the Internet trying to find some more detail about what his company did overseas and if possible, to see what my father-in-law did to win the Bronze Star.  Any web sites you could provide to help me in my search would be greatly appreciated.

One of the best places to start is the division your father in law served in.  I have included some links to the history of the 45th division.  Sometimes you have to start high and work your way down to the unit a family member served in.  Also the US Army has a unit info page that may help.  I have included a link to that below.  I would also try and the National Archives which have large databases.
Last but not least check out the World War 2 Museum in New Orleans.  They have some local researchers with access to World War records few have seen or have access to.  

Please check out the links and I wish you success in your research
Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.