Military History/WW 2 Battle

My father was Staff Sergeant with 42nd Rainbow Division, 232nd Infantry Company C.  He received a bronze medal for bravery when behind lines, his troupe ran out of ammunition and he crawled under heavy fire over an open field, secured ammunition and crawled back to save the lives of his troupe. I found paperwork saying this took place on April 2nd 1945 near Breitenbrunn,Germany. I cannot seem to find anything on this battle. Do you where I can get more information on this battle and the part my late father played? Thank you for your time.

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed that your father "received a bronze medal".  I assume you are referring to a Bronze Star Medal for Valor.  
       In your question you typed "I found paperwork saying this took place on April 2nd 1945 near Breitenbrunn, Germany."  Would you please explain in detail the "paperwork" in your possession?  There was not a Battle of Breitenbrunn, Germany.  On April 2, 1945 the 232nd Infantry Regiment was in combat between Wertheim & Marktheidenfeld, Germany.  Breitenbrunn is northwest of Wertheim.
       In your question you typed "Do you where I can get more information on this battle"?  As I typed, there was no Battle of Breitenbrunn, but I had no problem what-so-ever finding FACTS about the 232nd Infantry Regiment on April 2, 1945.  The unit history of the 42nd Infantry Division would be a great start.  Also, on April 2, 1945 the 42nd Infantry Division was assigned [assigned] to XXI Corps, Seventh Army.  XXI Corps unit history would be good, as well as the unit history for Seventh Army.
       In your question you typed "the part my late father played?"  I suggest you obtain the unit records for the 232nd Infantry Records, April 1-15, 1945.  Those records would be located at:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
950 Soldiers Road
 Carlisle    PA    17013

Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.