Military History/WW2

Hi I was wondering if you could answer some questions I have about the Philippine war in ww2 for a high school project! For example
what caused the battle of the Philippines?
how did it have an impact on the united states?
What impact did it have on the Philippines?
why did the phillipines originally become involved?

If you could answer any or all of these i would really appreciete it! thanks again!!

Dear Alex

the cause of the invasion by The Japanese forces was simply to ensure their dominance in East Asia. This was divided into a three point agenda by Japan.

To prevent the use of the Philippines as an advance base of operations by American forces;
To acquire staging areas and supply bases to enhance operations against the Netherlands East Indies; and
To secure the lines of communication between occupied areas in the south and the Japanese Home Islands.

The Americans had to react to this aggression as they were already at war with japan and had to ensure that the Japanese did not have command over the Pacific region by occupying smaller countries and using them as a source of mineral and strategic use.

the impact that it had on the Philippines was not major on casualties but since then till the 90s the Americans had a permanent base located in Subic bay.

Military History

Rizwan Saleem

help in military history ,war tactics and mobalizations covering world war 2 , vietnam and the 1965,1971 indo-pak wars and some Special operations.

independent research , collective information through various sources that would give an insight of different perspectives from both sides.

Independent studies and research, various official and non official sources.