Military History/ww2 german item

Question
unknown
unknown  
unknown
unknown  
QUESTION: Hi, iam having trouble identifying this item. I have had several people look at it but nobody seems to know anything about it. Any help or information would be great. Thanks Chris.

ANSWER: Its a Luftwaffe Sports award, most likely for dueling with swords. Worth quite a sum of money. Nice piece.

QUESTION: Hi, thanks for the info, but where could I find an example of this so I can do so research on it. It has a lot of family history but nobody seems to know anything about its history. Also could u put a approx figure on its value please? Thanks so much. Chris

Answer
I've only seen a few in years past but nothing I can direct you to specifically, just general knowledge of what it is. Value of the piece is subjective, but in the US, due to rarity and popularity of Luftwaffe items like this, in the $1000-$1500 range.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan