Military History/334th Infantry Regiment, 84th Infantry Division

I am trying to find out a little more about my Uncle Pvt. Peter J. Riso killed November 26 1944 near Prummern Grermany
He is listed as having served 84th Div 334th inf on his head stone in Margraten.
This is a little confusing to me as I have a post card dated Feb 1943 sent to my grandmother and it states Peter Riso was in Ft Hood training in Tank Destroyers showing a rank of two stripes - corporal?
Peter's grave keepers indicate he was killed in the battle for " Mahogany Hill"
Any info would be appreciated as I am going to Holland this May to meet the family that adopted his grave.
Thank you very much in advance.

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  Have you obtained your uncle's I.D.P.F. (Individual Deceased Personnel File)?  The I.D.P.F. is the best source for FACTS as per your uncle's service during WW 2.  Unfortunately, you will not have the I.D.P.F. in time for your May 2014 trip abroad.  Too bad.  There is no fee, but a LLL-OOO-NNN-GGG wait.
       Send your letter-of-request to:

Department of the Army
US Army Human Resources Command
  1600 Spearhead Division Avenue     Dept. 107
   Fort Knox     KY     40122-5504

Include in your letter-of-request the following FACTS as per your uncle:

Name:     Peter J. Riso

Rank:     Private

Serial Number:     36566612     (NOTE, this is NOT his SSN!)

Entered Service From:     Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan

Unit:     Company K, 3rd Battalion, 334th Infantry Regiment, 84th Infantry Division

Date KIA:     November 26, 1944

Enclose only these FACTS, nothing more, nothing less.

Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.