You are here:

Military History/5th Engr Reg. 1276Combat Engrs


I served in the mentioned unit 1943 through 1945, but my Army records I understand were destroyed in a fire in St.Louis. I would like to locate said records if possible as I was injured on the Rohr river crossing and received the Bronze Star on the Rhine crossing and my unit ended up at Stendal ; Germany on the Elbe River in the 9th Army It would be nice to locate anyone still living that was associated with my outfit. If a roster is available on my unit, I would like to secure same. Thank you

Dear Charles,
         You can request your unit's records by sending an E-Mail to this address:

This is the address for the National Archives and Research Administration. Make sure you give the complete unit designation and the dates you were with that unit. I hope this helps and May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard


I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.


Past/Present Clients

©2017 All rights reserved.