Military History/APO Location

Question
My mother was in the Army Nurses Corps during WWII.  She served in many locations, but I cannot locate one of them.  Can you help me find APO 928...possibly New Guinea?  Thank you for your help.

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  APO 928 was established at San Francisco, California (as almost all APO's were that would be utilized in the P.T.O.) on January 15, 1942.  APO 928 first location overseas was Mount Isa, Australia, beginning June 1, 1942.
       APO 928 next location was Milne Bay, New Guinea, beginning sometime in September 1942 (sorry I am not able to be more specific).  Arriving at the San Fernando Staging Area, Manila, Philippine Islands, APO 928 began operations at that location August 31, 1945.  Post V-J Day, APO 928 moved to Japan, opening at Otaru, November 2, 1945.  
       Would it be possible for you to share with me ALL THE DATES typed in Box #32 on page two of your mother's Discharge Documents?  Also, the unit your mother was assigned to prior to September 2, 1945?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell