Military History/Birth record for Lars Bredberg?

Question
I have tried unsuccessfully to locate a birth record for this Lars (Bredberg). I presume he chose Bredberg when he joined the Swedish army in 1770. So who were his parents? The muster rolls only say born in Vastergotland about 1750.
A Tavelsas "Hfl" lists 'Fodde' Mariestad parish in 1750.
A death record says Mariefred parish in 1750. Likely December.
Mariefred would not agree with Vastergotland, but Mariestad would agree.
Any additional suggestions to try? I know Swedish genealogy words, but that is all.

Answer
Mariestad is probably correct. It is possible to find it out but it is a BIG job which I can not undertake to do. I suggest that you contact the Swedish military archive (Krigsarkivet = the War Archive). Today it is part of the Swedish National Archives (Riksarkivet = Archives of the Realm) but it is separate on the internet. So by doing a Google search of "Krigsarkivet" you will find it. For a rather modest fee you can ask its staff to find this out for you! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.