Military History/headstamps

I collect trench art and have a number of artillery cases. I have Russian, French, German, British and American. All are 37mm and larger. I have several 23cm casings as all. I'm looking for a book or books that will tell me what the headstamps mean.

You might pose your question to the folks at this page.  I don't have any personal knowledge of a one source tome on the subject.

Technical Manual 9-1904, Ammunition Inspection Guide, The War Department, March 2, 1944 .

Technical Manual 9-1901, Artillery Ammunition, Department of the Army, September, 1950.

Technical Manual 9-1300-203, Artillery Ammunition, Department of the Army, April 1967.

Technical Manual 43-0001-28, Army Ammunition Data Sheets. Artillery Ammunition: Guns, Howitzers, Mortars, Recoilless Rifles, Grenade Launchers, and Artillery Fuzes (Federal Supply Class 1310, 1315, 1320, 1390), Department of the Army, December 31, 1986 .

Field Artillery Ammunition, U.S Army Field Artillery School , 1924.

Fuzes for Use in Mountain, Field, Siege, and Seacoast Projectiles and in Detonating Fuzes, Government Printing Office, June 2, 1917 .

Ordnance Publication 1666, German Explosive Ordnance , U.S. Navy Bureau of Ordnance, June 11, 1946 .

U.S. Navy Projectiles and Fuzes, U.S. Navy Bomb Disposal School , August 6, 1944 .

Hogg, Ian, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Ammunition, Chrtwell Books Inc, Secaucus, New Jersey, 1985.

Viall, Ethan, United States Artillery Ammunition, McGraw Hill Book Company, New York ,1917.

Military History

Keith H. Patton

I can answer questions pertaining to weapons and tactics, personalities, battles, and strategies in european and U.S. history.

I was a history major, and had done extensive research in the subject area. I have designed and tested numerous computer games for various
historical periods.

B.A History M.S. Science
I have had the opportunity to live abroad and walk numerous battlefields both in the United States, Europe, and the Pacific.