Military History/202nd HQ battery AAA battalion WWII movements

Question
Hi

I am trying to trace the movements of the above unit during their time in the South Pacific during WWII especially of the movements of an Edgar Brower Routh DOB aug25 1920 .. it was believed he was sent at some point to Brisbane for R&R after contracting malaria.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Dear Rachel,
         The actual unit is the 202nd AAA Automatic Weapons Battalion (Semi-Mobile) and it was formed on 20 January 1943 at Camp Hulen, Texas as Separate Coast Artillery Battalion AA-AW. It was formed from the 2nd Battalion, 607th Coast Artillery Battalion. Its Point of Embarkation was San Francisco, California on 23 November 1943. It arrived in New Guinea on 9 December 1943 and the Philippines on 12 November 1944. It was re-designated from Coast Artillery on 8 May 1943. Its August, 1945 location was Zamboanga, Philippines and the unit was deactivated on 15 December 1945 in the Philippines. It participated in the following campaigns: Leyte, Luzon, New Guinea, and Southern Philippines. May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard