Military History/3711th Quartermaster Truck Company

Hello Mr. Horrell,
I am trying to find information on my father's unit during World War II, according to his discharge he was in the 3711st Quartermaster Truck Company.  My problem is that I can't find it listed anywhere and I would like to learn more of what his life was like at this time and where he may have been at times to add to my genealogy work.
Thank you for your time and effort.

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "according to his discharge he was in the 3711st [sic] Quartermaster Truck Company."  If the unit you typed was found in Box #6 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents, that was the unit your father was assigned to after May 8, 1945 for his return to the USA.  It may also been the unit your father was assigned to prior to May 8, 1945, for his service in the E.T.O., 1944-45.  So, you may have the unit your father "was in" or you may not.  The only way for me to be sure is for me to have a photocopy of your father's Discharge Documents in hand.  All four pages would be great, but page two is a must.  You are welcome to photocopy your father's Discharge Documents, then send the photocopies to me via First Class U.S.P.S.  Please include your e-mail for ease of response.
       Now then, the following is a brief history of the 3711th QM Truck Company, NOT your father's role in the E.T.O., 1944-45:

Normandy          June 6-July 24, 1944
Northern France   July 25-September 14, 1944
Rhineland         September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Ardennes-Alsace   December 16, 1944-January 15, 1945
Central Europe    March 22-May 8, 1945

The 3711th QM Truck Company also served in the Army of Occupation, Germany, May 2-September 29, 1945.  The 3711th was also awarded a Meritorious Unit Citation for the period June 12-August 31, 1944.  General Order #71; HQ, U.S. First Army; awarded May 9, 1945.
       I will eagerly await the photocopies of your father's Discharge Documents via First Class U.S.P.S.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt     E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.