Military History/Company F, 27th Battalion

Question
I have my late father's U.S. Army Driver's Manual from WWII. He wrote the following on the back cover: Gerald E. Johnson, ASN 39209517, Co. F, 27t Bn., M.P.R.T.C, Fort Custer, Michigan.  I know that he was drafted into the military and served in Europe (Belgium and France?) during the Battle of the Bulge. He transported German prisoners. I would like to find out as much as I can about his time in the service, and appreciate any help you can provide.

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "I would like to find out as much as I can about his time in the service".  It would be my pleasure to assist you.
       To begin this type of Fact-based historic research, please refer to your father's Discharge Documents (four pages) which are invaluable toward ACCURATE historic research.  Your father was provided with 6-10 copies when he was discharged from the US Army after WW 2.  
       If you would like to, you are welcome to photocopy the four pages of your father's Discharge Documents, then send the photocopies to me via First Class USPS.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of response.  Once I have the photocopies in hand, it would be my pleasure to share with you any FACTS I glean from your father's Discharge Documents.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell