Military History/Germany Pin

Question
QUESTION: I bought this pin at an auction with a box lot of other generic round us pins. I can not seem to find any pin like it online to get an idea what is is. On the back of the pin it says "GES GESCH" and it says "Germany" on the front. Any information you could give me about this pin would be helpful. Thank You

ANSWER: I would need a picture of it please

Pin
Pin  
QUESTION: I'm sorry I took the pictures and forgot to attach them.

ANSWER: Ok, that is a US ribbon for Occupation. The medal with accompanying ribbon (that you have) was given for Germany, Europe, Japan etc. That particular piece is a "theater made" post war made in germany, probably pre-1950s. Ges Gesch means essentially "Patent". It is made of Lucite and should have a brass back with two clutch posts. They arent very common and that is a good find.

pin back
pin back  
QUESTION: I attached a picture of the back, which as you stated has the two clutch posts. So the pin was manufactured in Germany for US Troops after the war? Does the piece have any value or is it more of a nice collectable piece?

Answer
It was manufactured for occupying forces post war that is correct. Price is subjective to who wants it most but it is a highly collectible piece as you do not see too many of them around. Ive seen less than a handful in my years and havent seen one in years.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan