Military History/The History of Japense Military

I am writing a essay for my Honors World History class, and I just had a few questions concerning the topic.
Here is the essay topic: Why did the Japanese people support their military's aggressive actions?
I have put in a good amount of research, but I honestly can't find an accurate answer anywhere! If you could just provide me with a basic answer and explanation, I would really appreciate it!
Thanks, Jolie

Dear Jolie,
         You can date this aggressive behavior back to when Japan embarked on the goal of becoming a modern nation in the 1860s. By the end of World War I, Japan's population was growing at an alarming rate. The home islands of Japan couldn't have accomidated this growing population and so coupled with dwindling natural resources, the Japanese government and military embarked on securing the necessary raw materials for this growing population. Many in the Japanese population didn't care where the raw materials came from as long as they were able to get them. I hope this helps and May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.