Military History/Info on 633rd Ordnance Company, Ammunition,

Question
I am Tony Franks's Uncle you helpped him about a month ago. And I did get my father's personnal records from ST.Louis you can read them okay and a few thing not at all. I can still not find out what made up the 633rd Ordance Company, Amm. It looked as though he was in the 8th Quarther Masters from 2-6-43 3-9-43 at Camp Lee,then he was assined to the 633rd Ord co (Am)???ootc,Raritan ARS,NJ 3/11/43 hard to read.On his 214 it has and they have sent me, 020 Good Conduct Medal,030 European-African-Middle Eastern Campain Medal&Silver Star Attchment (single,)031 World War II Victory Medal,(068)Honorable Service Lapel Button WWII, (072)Marksman Badge&Rifle Bar, 028 American Campain Medal. That is about all we know. I do have a V- Mail from him to his sister in Covington, VA March 5,1944.Army Examiner 205 98 and a v-mail from 1 of his brothers Newton W. Adkins  #33127702 any help you can give us or point in the right way please do. Thank you Ronnie Adkins

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your follow-up (of sorts).  In it you typed "I did get my father's personnel records from ST. Louis".  GOOD FOR YOU!!!  I am pleased to read that someone, somewhere in North America has obtained their Veteran's Personnel File.  The July 1973 fire at 9700 Page Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri has robbed soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many Veterans & their families the FACTS about the Veteran's service during WW 2.  You are one of the very, very, very, very, very, very few to have obtained said FACTS.  Congratulations.
       In your follow-up you typed "I can still not find out what made up the 633rd Ordance [sic] Company, Amm."  Are you asking for a Table of Organization, roster of those men assigned [assigned] to the unit during WW 2?  I do not mean to be obtuse, what what it is that you desire is not clear to me.
       In your follow-up you typed "European-African-Middle Eastern Campain [sic] Medal&Silver Star Attchment [sic].  Yes, your father served in Five Campaigns while in the E.T.O. during WW 2.  The Silver Campaign Star indicates Five Campaigns that a Veteran has participated in.  I provided that FACT to Mr. Franks in March 2014.
       In your follow-up you typed "I do have a V-Mail from him to his sister in Covington, VA March 5, 1944."  In the return address there should be listed the unit your father was assigned {assigned} to on March 5, 1944, along with an APO Number.
       In your follow-up you typed 'any help you can give us or point in the right way please do."  As you have indicated, you have obtained your father's Personnel File (not a DD-214, which is a post-WW 2 term).  No other source has as many FACTS as the Personnel File, which you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky to have.  Every Fact that you may ever desire, & some you may not, are before you.  You are one, L-U-C-K-Y gentleman.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell