Military History/US Pins

Question
Pins Front
Pins Front  

Pins Back
Pins Back  
Here are a few pins I recently acquired. The pins on the right I believe are Army Air Corps pins but there at three different styles and I was wondering what is the difference? The one in the front flat and small to where the wings hang over the round pin, on the far right the pin is flat and very light while the one next to it has a more rounded face and is pretty heavy. I could not find what the large center pin was? And on the left side I believe the castle is the Army Corps of Engineers. What is the 317 on the US pin and the Castle pin? Overall just looking for as much information on these pins as possible. Thanks in advance.

Answer
Ok on the three air corps pins, one is a "domed" variety, 1960s or 1930s, the other is a WWII hollow back, the 3rd is a mismatches backing to a emblem for the air corps. Center pin is a deluxe army enlisted hat pin, the engineer group is the 317th Engineer battalion, of the 92nd infantry division which was a segregated (black) unit that fought in Italy. The 317th on the US is the matching collar insignia for the Engineers.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan