Military History/1st Lt James H. Shaw Jr.

Dear LTC Lynn, my father was in Pattons 3rd Army (DOB 10/23/1923...Cartersville Ga.He was awarded the Bronze Star and received a 'battlefield commission)for his actions.Because of a fire we haved lost all info on these decorations and would greatly appreciate any information on his actions while under Patton's Command.He did not speak of his combat service time..............Thanking you in advance for any info you may be able to obtain.............Gratefully Yours His son carter shaw

Dear Mr. Shaw,
         You can request the MR's or Morning Reports in the unit he was serving with from NARA or National Archives and Research Administration. Also you can look up a list of individuals who had been awarded a battlefield commission. The organization is called The National Order Of Battlefield Commissions. The only listing they have for the last name of Shaw is Ralph W. Shaw of Company B, 760th Tank Battalion, 5th Army. This list is very small and exclusive. I hope this helps. May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.