Military History/734th Railway Operating Battalion (Transportation Corps)

Question

I noticed on a previous post that you had mentioned owning copies of histories of several Railway Operating Battalions.  I am very interested in learning more about the 734th Railway Operating Battalion.  My husband's grandfather was part of the 734th and fought at the Battle of the Bulge.  Do you have any information on where I may be able to find a copy of the 734th Railway Operating Battalion history in bound form on online in a PDF form?  

Thanks so much!
Kacey.

Answer
Good Day,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My husband's grandfather was part of the 734th and fought at the Battle of the Bulge."  The Campaigns for the 734th Railway Operating Battalion (Transportation Corps) are as follows:

Rhineland          September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Ardennes-Alsace    December 16, 1944-January 15, 1945
Central Europe     March 22-May 8, 1945

The 734th Railway Operating Battalion (Transportation Corps) also served in the Army of Occupation in Germany, September 4-October 31, 1945.
       In your question you typed "Do you have any.......history in bound form".  The Cadre for the 734th was from the Southern Pacific Railroad.  IF the Southern Pacific Railroad still exists, it would be worth your efforts to contact it to see what FACTS they possess about the 734th.  The other source would be:

U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center
950 Soldiers Road
 Carlisle   PA   17013

Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell