Military History/American Veterans of Foreign Service

Question
Lawton Post flag
Lawton Post flag  
Hello,
I am looking for specific information related to the group's inception.  I know they were organized late September 1899 in Columbus, OH and that there was a Post in Philadelphia... the Gen. Henry W. Lawton Post 1.  There were also Posts in Pittsburgh & Altoona, but which was the very first and from where?  Was there a Post in Columbus or were they all from PA?  The National VFW archives are in error and I already have documents proving that, but I am still trying to find their beginning.

Thank you.

Answer
Sorry, but I don't have any special info about the American Veterans of Foreign Service. You said you looked at the VFW's archives. Have you tried the American Legion? Also, there is the American Foreign Service Officers Association. Have you tried them? There's contact info on the website, http://www.afsa.org  

Military History

Marc Leepson