Military History/Battleship Discharges

My father recieved a Battleship Discharge after WWII. I was wanting to know if you could tell me how many were issued.   Thank you.

Dear Roger,
         I apologize for not getting back to you sooner but I did contact the U.S. Navy Historical Division as well as the U.S. National Archives and the answer they both gave me was that the number is unknown due to the fact that the Battleship Discharge was awarded by the individuals who had served on them. It was optional though because a number of sailors wanted the traditional discharge certificate. It was the decision of the individual sailor though. I hope this helps and May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.