Military History/Grandfather's Grave Marking

Question
I visited my Grandfather's grave this weekend for memorial day.  He passed away while my dad was in his teens, but can you tell me what all the markings on his grave stone mean?

MINNESOTA
PFC  103 AAA AW BN CAC
WORLD WAR II BSM-PH

My grandmother remarried in 1975 and he also served in WWII, but his grave stone only says

PFC US ARMY
WORLD WAR II

Both men were injured and any info about them would be great.  My dad is very proud of their service, as am I.   

Thank you and have a great memorial day weekend.

Answer
Good Day,
       Thank you for your question this Decoration Day.  In it you typed "can you tell me what all the markings on his grave stone mean?"

MINNESOTA > the Veteran entered the US Army from the state of Minnesota

PFC > Private, First Class.  Pay was $54.00 per month

103 AAA AW BN > 103rd Anti-Aircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion, Kentucky National Guard

CAC > Coast Artillery Corps

WORLD WAR II > World War 2

BSM > Bronze Star Medal

PH > Purple Heart Medal

In your question you typed "My grandmother remarried in 1975 and he also served in WWII".  The verbiage of your question leaves a question as to gender, so I will move on.

US ARMY > U.S. Army

WORLD WAR II > World War 2

In your question you typed "any info about them would be great."  Please send to me via First Class USPS photocopies of the Veteran(s) Discharge Documents.  It would be my pleasure to share with you any FACTS I glean from the documents.  Enclose your e-mail address for ease of response.

Richard V. Horrell
   WW 2 Connections
    2011 Richard Jones Road
     Apt      E 26
      Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell