Military History/January 1945 convoy (NY-Le Havre)

My dad was in the 89th Div 354th Inf Reg that left Boston on the Edmund B Alexander. What other ships sailed with the unit to NY? What was the convoy number for the NY to Le Havre sailing and how many ships were in it?

Good Day,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "left Boston on the Edmund B. Alexander."

Departure Date:   January 10, 1945
Departure Location:   Boston Port of Embarkation
Troop Ship:   USAT Edmund B. Alexander
Arrival Date:   January 22, 1945
Arrival Location:   Le Havre, France

In your question you typed "What other ships sailed with the unit to NY?"  I do not understand your question.  None of the troop ships in this convoy sailed from the Boston Port of Embarkation to the New York Port of Embarkation, then to the ETO.  All the troop ships in this convoy sailed from either the Boston P of E or the NY P of E, met east of the eastern tip of Long Island, New York, then sailed as a convoy to the ETO.
       In your question you typed "What was the convoy number".  I have no idea, what-so-ever.
       In your question you typed "how many ships were in it?"  I have no idea.  My research is only about the troop ships in a convoy.

SS Bienville          Boston     elements of the 89th Infantry Division
SS Marine Wolf         Boston     elements of the 89th Infantry Division
SS Santa Cecilia       Boston     elements of the 89th Infantry Division
SS Uruguay          Boston     elements of the 89th Infantry Division
SS Cranston Victory    New York
SS Fairmont Victory    New York
SS John Ericsson       New York
SS Sea Owl          New York
SS St. Albans Victory  New York

USAT Edmund B. Alexander     Boston     elements of the 89th Infantry Division

USS Le Jeune  AP-74     New York
USS Monticello  AP-61   New York

Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.