Military History/569th Ordnance Ammunition Company

Greetings Mr. Horrell. My uncle served in the subject company and went ashore on D-Day. Would you happen to be able to get any information on the company? Any records available? Thank you kindly for your time.

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  The 569th Ordnance Ammunition Company participated in the following Campaigns:

Northern France:        July 25-September 14, 1944
Rhineland:          September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Ardennes-Alsace         December 16, 1944-January 15, 1945
Central Europe          March 22-May 8, 1945

Clearly, the 569th did not participate in the Normandy Campaign, nor make an amphibious assault on Tuesday, June 6, 1944.  
       May I ask, what is your source that your uncle was assigned to the 569th Ordnance Ammunition Company?  Is it the unit typed in Box #6 on page two of his Discharge Documents?  If so, the unit typed in Box #6 was the unit the Veteran was assigned to after May 8, 1945.  Sometimes it was the unit the Veteran was assigned to prior to May 8, 1945, but not always.  So, do you still wish to obtain FACTS about the 569th Ordnance Ammunition Company, or the unit your uncle was assigned to prior to May 8, 1945?  If the latter, I suggest you photocopy your uncle's Discharge Documents (four pages) then send the photocopies to me via First Class U.S.P.S.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of response.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.