Military History/769th Military Police Battalion WW 2

Question
QUESTION: My Grandfather James R. Albert was in this company, his draft card says Oct. 18th 1943 and I do have his card # if it would be needed,when alive he did not discuss much of what he saw. I am very proud of his service, and of him. and would love more information on the men he served with and the duties that were his, I have pictures of him and others in uniform as well as of some in the company whos last names are not present, I would also love to reunite these photos with those families. I have pictures of him in Fort Custer I believe he was trained there, any info , help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Chantelle

ANSWER: Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My Grandfather James R. Albert was in this company [sic]."  May I ask, what is your source that your grandfather was assigned to the 769th M.P. Battalion prior to May 8, 1945?  I am pleased to read that you have your father's "draft card".  It is a nice item of WW 2 Memorabilia, but since we already know he served in WW 2, it is a bit redundant.
       In your question you typed "would love more information on the men he served with".  I understand there are entities on the internet that provide such a service.
       In your question you typed "the duties that were his".  Simple enough.  Please provide me what is typed in Box #30 on page two of your grandfather's Discharge Documents.  With that FACT, I can then provide you with the FACTS about your grandfather's "duties".
       In your question you typed "I would also love to reunite these photos with those families."  Again, I understand there are entities on the internet that provide such a service.
       In your question you typed "Fort Custer I believe he was trained there".  Fort Custer (Battle Creek) Michigan was the Military Police Replacement Training Center.  
       The following FACTS about the 769th M.P. Battalion may be of interest.

CAMPAIGNS

Normandy          June 6-July 24, 1944
Northern France    July 25-September 14, 1944
Rhineland          September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945

Served in the Army of Occupation, Germany, May 2-July 4, 1945

Based in Liege, Belgium, late 1945

You are welcome to photocopy your grandfather's Discharge Documents, then send the photocopies to me via First Class U.S.P.S.  Please be sure to include your e-mail address for ease of response.  I will share with you any FACTS I glean from the documents.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

QUESTION: I do not have his discharge documents, but do have a copy of his draft card, would that help? I do believe he had a purple heart..also, would like to know if there is way to get a list of those who served in his company.which i believe was company A.. and recommendations on a place to at least post pics of those others that i have, possibly there is a WWII site or something that would make them available to those families if they ever were searching?

Thank you again,
Mrs. Chantelle Gonzalez

ANSWER: Dear Mrs. Gonzalez,
       Thank you for your follow-up.  In it you typed "I do not have his discharge documents".  Your grandfather was provided with 6-10 copies of his Discharge Documents when he was discharged from the U.S. Army.  One copy was provided to the Funeral Home that handled his arrangements.  Check with the Funeral Home that handled his arrangements.  One copy was registered at the Court House of the county he resided in after WW 2.  Check with the Court House of the county he resided in after WW 2.
       In your follow-up you typed "have a copy of his draft card, would that help?"  Only to confirm he served in the U.S. Army during WW 2.  If we all agree that your grandfather served in the U.S. Army during WW 2, then we may put the issue of a draft card to rest.  Interesting, there is a draft card but no Discharge Documents.  QUITE interesting.
       In your follow-up you typed "I do believe he had a purple heart."  What is your documentation that your grandfather was awarded a Purple Heart Medal?
       In your follow-up you typed "if there is a way to get a list of those who served in his company".  What you desire is a Unit Roster, & that is easy to obtain.  The Unit Records, including the Unit Roster for the entire battalion, is located at:

U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center
   950 Soldiers Road
    Carlisle   PA   17013

In your follow-up you typed "recommendation on a place to.......they were ever searching?"  As I typed in my original reply, I understand there are entities on the internet that provide that sort of service.  Whom, I have no idea.  I deal in research of facts.  The service you desire is not one I provide.  
       I will continue to eagerly await a photocopy of your grandfather's Discharge Documents via First Class U.S.P.S. so that I may provide you with FACTS about his role in WW 2.  I'm especially eager as to the FACTS typed in Box #34.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837  

QUESTION: Mr. Horrell,
      I am sure my mother will have a copy, she has a bulk of his documents and as other WWII vets did attend his funeral, and even did a gun salute, i am sure they exist, I simply have to see if my mother can find them. Thank you for all your help.

Answer
Dear Mrs. Gonzalez,
       Thank you for your follow-up.  Since the "bulk of his documents" exist, I suggest you photocopy ALL THE DOCUMENTS (Discharge Documents included) then send ALL THE PHOTOCOPIES to me via First Class U.S.P.S.  Please be sure to include your e-mail address for ease of response.  I will share with you ALL THE FACTS I glean from the "bulk of his documents".
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.     E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell