Military History/Engineer Units WW 2

hello sir my grandfather was in world war 2 but he is dead now ,but i want to know what unit he was with i cant find much. his unit was Co D 376 engineer battalion CE. thank you for your time i hope you find something.

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "my grandfather was in world war 2".  Thank you for placing your question in context.  I am sure your grandfather appreciates your efforts to remember his role in defending our great republic over seven decades ago.
       In your question you typed "i want to know what unit he was with".  My suggestion is to refer to the unit typed in Box #36 on page two of your grandfather's Discharge Documents.  That was the unit your grandfather was assigned to when he returned to the USA, & may have been the unit he was assigned to prior to May 8, 1945.
       In your question you typed "his unit was Co D 376 engineer battalion".  Pardon the confusion on my part, but you just indicated "i want to know what unit he was with" which indicates to me you do NOT know the unit your grandfather was assigned to.  Then you indicate "his unit was Co D 376 engineer battalion".  I am perplexed.  What is your source that your grandfather was assigned to Company D, 376th Engineer (Construction) Battalion?
       Regardless, the following are a few FACTS as per the 376th Engineer (Construction) Battalion:

activated at Camp Polk, Louisiana, June 25, 1942

departed Hampton Roads, Virginia Port of Embarkation April 23, 1943

arrived in North Africa May 11, 1943

Naples-Foggia          September 9, 1943-January 21, 1944
Rome-Arno          January 22-September 9, 1944
Southern France        August 15-September 14, 1944
Rhineland          September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945

arrived in Italy December 29, 1943

arrived in Southern France September 19, 1944

arrived at the Boston Massachusetts Port of Embarkation October 23, 1945

de-activated at Camp Myles Standish, Massachusetts October 23, 1945

Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.