Military History/unit history US Army QM

Question
My father served in WWII in 2209th Quartermaster Truck Company Aviation. I am interested in the history of his unit. His name was John Samuel Harris, Army serial number 34 179 175. It shows that he was a truck driver light (345). It shows Normandy, Northern France, and Rhineland. It shows that he got a EAMET CAMPAIGN MEDAL WITH 3 BRONZE SERVICE STARS, GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL AR 600-68.I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me to learn about the history of my father's WWII history in the QTC, the battles and campaigns, and the decorations and citations. Thank you so much for your help.
Jo-Anne Harris

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "served in WWII in 2209th Quartermaster Truck Company".  The 2209th QM Truck Company participated in the following Campaigns:

Normandy          June 6-July 24, 1944
Northern France   July 25-September 14, 1944
Rhineland         September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Central Europe    March 22-May 8, 1945

In your question you typed "It shows Normandy, Northern France, and Rhineland."  Since there is a discrepancy between the Campaigns the 2209th participated in, & the Campaigns your father (as you typed, a member of the 2209th) participated in, your father may not have been assigned to the 2209th prior to May 8, 1945.
       For me to continue to try to provide you with the FACTS you desire, I request you photocopy your father's Discharge Documents (four pages) then send the photocopies to me via First Class U.S.P.S.  Please be sure to include your e-mail address for ease of response.  Upon receipt via First Class U.S.P.S., I will share with you all the FACTS I glean from the photocopies.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell