Military History/WW 2 - 379th AAA AW; Solomon Negrin

Dear Mr. Horrell:

My father, Solomon Negrin (32784168 per Certificate of Military Service), was in the Army from 1.26.43 to 4.28.46. His final rank was Technician Fifth Grade. He was anti-aircraft. He was in the 379th AAA AW, Battery B. He was stationed in Washington DC.  Then, he fought in Germany, among other places in Europe, during WW2.  He was part of the Battle of the Bulge (behind Gen. Patton), I believe. I was hoping to retrace his steps through Europe from beginning to end. He was also involved in the occupation of Germany after the war concluded.  I was hoping to know the cities he went through in Europe. Also, I was looking for any photos and documents referencing him that may come up.  I received his Certificate of Military Service and a pay stub from his service.  The rest as destroyed in a fire at the military records center.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "Technician Fifth Grade".  Pay was $66.00 per month.
       In your question you typed "379th AAA AW".  379th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion.
       Before I go further, please allow me to make sure you understand a VERY important point.  We are typing about two, entirely different entities, your father OR the 379th AAA Auto-Weapons Battalion.  Sometimes they are one-in-the-same, SOMETIMES NOT!!!
       In your question you typed "He was part of the Battle of the Bulge".  Maybe so, but not as a member of the 379th AAA Auto-Weapons Battalion.  The 379th arrived in France February 19, 1945.  The Battle of the Bulge (Ardennes-Alsace Campaign) ended January 15, 1945.  The 379th AAA Auto-Weapons Battalion participated in the following Campaigns:

Rhineland:          September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Central Europe:     March 22-May 8, 1945

In your question you typed "He was also involved in the occupation of Germany".  The 379th AAA Auto-Weapons Battalion was assigned to the Army of Occupation, Germany, May 20-October 31, 1945.
       In your question you typed "I received his Certificate of Military Service and a pay stub from his service.  The rest as [sic] destroyed in a fire at the military records center."  What about the four page Discharge Documents your father was provided when he was discharged "4.28.46"?  Your father was provided with 6-10 copies of his Discharge Documents?  Where are the copies?  The source is somewhere within your family, NOT the "military records center".
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
   WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.