Military History/SS Westminster Victory Troop Ship

duke wrote at 2016-09-03 18:05:41
re ur question as to what happened to the westminister victory after it arrived in n.y. in 1946.i shipped from ny in aug. 1946 on the westminster.we sailed from ny through the panama canal,stopped in long beach ca. for fresh supplies,stopped in hawaii overnight,hit a typhoon off guam and arrived in manila 46days later on a ship that was never meant to be a troop transport.the best part of the trip was we had a boxing tournament about 4days out of manila and i won the heavyweight boxing champ.that and $.25 will buy you a coke.

Richard V. Horrell wrote at 2016-09-04 18:59:24
Dear Mr. "duke",

Thank you for your contribution.  The voyage in question departed the New York Port of Embarkation August 11, 1946.  Transiting the Panama Canal on August 17, 1946, the SS Westminster Victory arrived at Long Beach, California.  Do you happen to know the date the SS Westminster Victory arrived at Long Beach, California?

Departing Long Beach, California on August 26, 1946, the SS Westminster Victory arrived at Pearl Harbor September 5, 1946.  Departing the following day, the SS Westminster Victory arrived at Manila, Luzon, Philippine Islands.  Do you happen to know the date the SS Westminster Victory arrived at Manila, Luzon, Philippine Islands?  Maybe there is a date indicated upon your Discharge Documents from the US Military?

Richard V. Horrell

WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell