Military History/Military lapel button

Question
Can u give me information about the lapel button issued to my father Pfc Clinton W. Atkinson listed on his honorable discharge paper from WWII  it says ASR score (2 Sep 45) 88. Do u have info of what army unit his battalion was in-808 th Tank Destroyer Battalion. Also can u give insight as to comment -inactive service in ERC 21 Dec 42 to 28 Dec 42   He was listed as no wounds. Appreciating your help very much.

Answer
I could use a picture of the button as far as the ASR score it is the "Advanced Service Rating" to see who was eligible to return home first during hostilities. Here is a link to all you need to know about the 808th TD

http://www.808th.com/default.htm

Military History

Michael O'Reagan