Military History/WW 2, European Theater of Operation, Ordnance Depot

My father was in the 3282 Ordnance Base Depot Company departing Camp Lucky Strike in January 1945 and arriving Depot O-450 ten days later. Would that trip have been direct or would there have been battlefront activity records? Any records on Depot O-450? His service file was destroyed in the 1973 fire.  Would there be any other records of his promotions to Staff Sargeant?

Dear Sir,
       Happy Independence Day.  In your question you typed "My father was in the 3282 Ordnance Base Depot Company".  Assigned [assigned] to COMM Z (Communication Zone) the Logistical Support Entity for U.S. First, Third, Ninth & Fifteenth Armies, the 3282nd Ordnance Base Depot Company participated in the following Campaign:

Rhineland      September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945

In you question you typed "Would that trip have been direct"?  Yes.
       In your question you typed "would there have been battlefront activity records?"  Respectfully, I have no idea what "battlefront activity records" are.  Morning Reports?  Daily Reports?  After-Action Reports?  Unit Records?
       In your question you typed "Any records on Depot O-450?"  Yes, located at:

U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center
950 Soldiers Drive
 Carlisle   PA   17013

In your question you typed "His service file was destroyed in the 1973 fire."  I assume you refer to the July 1973 file at the Military Personnel Records Center, 9700 Page Avenue, Saint Louis, Missouri.  Personnel Files, gone.  Unit Records, intact, at Carlisle, Pennsylvania.  If one knows the unit their loved one was assigned [assigned] to prior to May 8, 1945, obtain the unit records & you have more FACTS about your loved one's role in WW 2 than you ever desired.
       In your question you typed "Would there be any other records of his promotion to Staff Sargeant?"  Pay was &96.00 per month.  Yes, the unit records of the unit the Veteran was assigned [assigned] to prior to May 8, 1945.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.