Military History/WWII 733rd ROB

My grandfather was part of the 733rd Railway Operating Battalion and I would like to find more historical documents and pictures from their service in Europe.  He is 95 and has compiled his own little WWII photo album with pictures that he took while he was over seas, but I would love to be able to find out if any of the people he served with are still living.  He was a brakeman.  Is there any information you can give me or links you can provide that I could share with him?  We are also getting ready to go with the Greater St. Louis Honor Flights in August to Wash DC.  It would be nice to know some names of people for looking at the memorials. Thank you.

Dear Sarah,
         The 733rd Railway Operating Battalion (Transportation Corps) was formed on 23 November 1943 in New Orleans, Louisiana and departed from the United States (Zone of the Interior) on 16 June 1944. It arrived in England on 27 June 1944 and in France (European Theater of Operations) in August, 1944. They are credited with the Northern France and Po Valley Campaigns. Its August, 1945 location was Seckenheim, Germany with its Company A  located at Metz, France. It arrived back in the U.S. in New York City on 16 December 1945. This unit was associated with the Central Rail Road of Georgia. May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.