Military History/Anzio Annie

Hi again

I've seen two pics of Annie one has a clean barrel and the other one looks like the barrel has been re-enforced with angle iron?
I'm betting the re-enforced barrel is Robert? Did they reinforce it after it fired 300 shells that one day, do you know the date

Any guess on how many total shells were fired by each gun?

PS send me a link to your last answer so I  can rate it, I failed to do so

In an effort to make the K5 barrels last and keep up the accuracy reinforcement was used not sure on which gun.  The maximum daily fire was 72 rounds in February but not sure of the exact day. Each gun fired over 2000 rounds; the total number of shells fired was 5523.  I don’t have the exact number per gun.  I do highly recommend a book “Anzio Annie: She Was No Lady”.

Also check out the Paris Gun of World War 1.

I have include some links please enjoy and Thank You.  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.